Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Real Long Weekend

Today was a day that was much more suitable for a long weekend - we went to a festival. It is Moomba weekend, so we went in to the city.

First stop was the face painting tent where we found Ella and Taylah. I had the best face painter in the world. She thought that I already looked like a fairy princess, so she decided to paint my face in case I needed to go to a fairy princess ball.

Next it was off to the sports area for some exercise. There was lots of sports to try - soccer, handball, rugby, hockey and running through an obstacle course. I didn't want to play soccer, but I was happy to do a cheering soccer dance whenever AJ kicked a goal.

I even had time to have a bounce on the huge trampoline before lunch.

We had a picnic lunch on the lawn (or dirt as there isn't too much grass left) and then decided to watch the end of the Birdman Rally and the waterskiing. There were crazy people jumping of the platform, pretending they could fly. The people skiing came closer to flying than the birdmen, but it was still fun to watch!

I was starting to get tired, but I wanted to see what was happening on the other side of the river so we kept exploring.

We found the side show alley and without too much begging, mum and dad let us have a go at some of the games. AJ used a crossbow to win a snake and I caught a fish to win a beautiful rose.

All that energy we used to win our prizes meant we needed to sit and rest, and to eat an icecream too. I took too long to eat my icecream, so AJ and dad went to play at Birrarung Marr.

On our way to find the boys, mum and I stopped to watch some people from the Torres Strait Islands singing and dancing. Before we knew it, we were up on stage dancing too. We must have been gone for ages because when we finished dancing, AJ had already finished playing and was in the audience watching us!

I decided that it was time for me to play at Birrarung Marr, but first I had to stop at Art Play. There was an amazing artist doing traditional Aboriginal painitings, as well as displays for a street chalk exhibition. Naturally I wanted to do some chalk drawings.

Finally we made it to Birrarung Marr park for a very little play. By now we had been wandering around the Moomba festivities for more than 5 hours! We were pooped and still had to walk all the way back to Flinders Street Station to catch a train home.

Today was a really big day, but the sort of day that everyone should have for a long weekend.
Love an exhausted Princess George


  1. 5 hours at Moomba, how much of that time was spent in the face painting line???

  2. wow you sure did have a huge day at Moomba and done so much, you are so lucky AJ & Milla, your parents are so good to you.


Please show that you were here and leave some comment love!