Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Festivities Continue...


WOW, can you believe it, we are half way through the school holidays and I haven't even had a chance to miss kinder. I have been pretty busy. I have been in to the city 2 days in a row, to enjoy all of the Commonwealth Games and Festival Melbourne 2006 activities. There is so much to see and do, that I won't get a chance to see everything unless I go in to the city every day.
I have seen so many totally amazing performances. Yesterday I saw Strange Fruit perform
- dad didn't know what I meant when I told him that mum and Sarah took us to see pole dancers in the city. I think I confused him when I said they danced on bendy poles!
Today I went into the big top to see a circus. The circus was called 3wAyXchange, and it was the best circus I have ever seen. It was fantastic, there were kids from 3 different circus groups - Zip Zap Circus School (South Africa) the Flying Fruit Fly Circus (Albury/Wodonga) and the Brewarrina Youth Circus (NSW). They did some really amazing tricks; on the giants swings, the trapeze, on unicycles, juggling, as well as your everyday type of acrobatics - flips, handstands and tumbles. It was amazing - the performers were only kids and they were fantastic. Maybe I should join a circus one day soon.
After the circus, we sat on the Central Lawn to relax. I watched a huge choir Singing for Water. There were heaps of school kids in the first choir, the second choir was all adults from all around the world. Mum and dad were really excited because Paul Kelly played.
On the way home we decided to stop so we could see a funky band called Wicked Aura Batacuda at the beach. It wasn't a real beach, it was more like a huge sandpit just outside the Arts Centre.
Oh yeah, guess what else I did today - I met Mark Skaife.
Can you believe it - I actually met Skaifey. I think that today was the only day that I didn't wear my Skaifey hat, but luckily he signed a different hat for me to keep. I am so lucky!
All in all, not a bad way to spend a Saturday in Melbourne. I am pretty exhausted though, and the Games have only just begun! Do you think that if I ask really nicely, they will have the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne every school holiday?
Love AJ Pickle
PS - if you have any spare time these holidays and you happen to be in Melbourne, you should go to the Commonwealth Games or see some of the amazing things at Festival Melbourne 2006. http://www.melbourne2006.com.au/Festival+Melbourne2006/Performances/

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:26 PM

    we are so happy for you all with so many great activities to go see during the Commonwealth Games. We would love to see all of these great things.You sure are having a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Please show that you were here and leave some comment love!