Friday, January 26, 2007

Next Week

Where will you be next week? This time next week I will have started school. To celebrate my last Thursday hanging out with the little kids, the mums decided to give us all a surprise. I had no idea what to expect, all I knew is that we had to drive there and 'if we don't hurry up, it will leave without us'!

Finally it was time for our surprise and we all went for a little drive. We stopped along another part of the Maribyrnong River, but not near any place that we would normally be allowed to play. We had to walk over train tracks and into a strange building where there was a galah named Elliot screeching. I still didn't know what we were doing there. Next thing I knew, the mums were buying tickets for something.

Eventually we went outside and stood on the dock. A man came over and told us it was time to board the boat. I wasn't so sure about going on the boat (I remembered the water taxi ride in Sydney and getting splashed in the face!), but I was the big kid, so I was brave.

We went for a really long ride on the boat, along the Maribyrnong, into the Yarra and then around Docklands. It was amazing. We saw so many big ships and sailboats and lots of people waved to us!

It was fun going for a surprise boat ride. Thanks mum!
Love AJ Pickle

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun AJ! Have fun at school next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a way to spend a day with your friends, sailing along the river with so much to see. so glad you enjoyed the boat AJ. good luck at school on Thursday and enjoy. xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck at your first day at school tomorrow, AJ! you're going to have soooo much fun!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please show that you were here and leave some comment love!