Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Day at the Races

The Spring Racing Carnival is in our neighbourhood every November and I love it.  It is a great time of the year to picnic in the parks, watch the odd horse race, dress up and have heaps of fun.  As much as I love the Spring Racing Carnival, I love to travel too and last year I was in America and the year before that I was in Japan.  

Can you believe that it has been 3 years since I last went to the races?  This year a couple of our friends invited us all to join them at Stakes Day again.  I was so excited to be going to the races again, not only to go to the races but to be able to catch up with 2 of my best friends who live on the other side of the city so I don't get to see them very often.


This year, we arrived at our picnic area, grabbed a snack and then took off exploring, only coming back when we were hungry or thirsty.  There were so many things to see and do that we were busy all day long, barely stopping to watch a horse race.

There were balloon animals to befriend...
fairy floss buckets to wear as a hat...



and of course shoes to swap!
I can't wait until next year, I am going to make sure that we are about for the Spring Racing Carnival so that I can go to the races with my friends again.
Love Princess George

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please show that you were here and leave some comment love!