Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sundays in my City #15 - PNG (again!)

It has been a very long week that again hasn't involved any photos of worth.  I spent the majority of the week sick in bed and only ventured out today.  Sure I took heaps of photos at soccer but they aren't that interesting and I didn't even take a camera to the ice hockey, wanting to watch the game rather than photograph it.  So again I am stuck with the dilemma - What to share for Sunday in my City?

I know, how about some more photos from Papua New Guinea!  A random collection of photos that show the beauty of the country and the really diverse landscapes.

Just keep walking...

Shopping anyone?


Sun flare over Brigade Hill

The long path home

Most of the group on top of Imita Ridge
The end of the track is in sight - Owers Corner

I promise I will get out of the house and get some photos worth posting this week, or at least be inventive enough to dig through the archives and find something new to post, in the meantime, join in the fun of  Sundays in my City.
Unknown Mami

17 comments:

  1. So beautiful...
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos were SOOOOO worth posting! I'm enjoying this trip through Papua New Guinea, thanks for taking us along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like it was a beautiful hike that was quite the workout as well. I love those types.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 'workout' would be an understatement, a beautiful, wonderful understatement. Long days, high humidity and really heavy backpacks (25kg+) trudging through mud for hours on end. I want to go back again!

      Delete
  4. New Guinea is so lush and green, these are gorgeous shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos are great! Are you feeling much better now? Take care! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics, I love the 'long path' one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love seeing pics of faraway lands.....I am guilty of the stay-in-the-house syndrome, even when not sick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos make me want to jump onto a plane and head thereabouts.

    Sorry you've been feeling lousy. I hope you are fully recovered (or just about there) as you read this.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like such a beautiful place to visit! Hope you are feeling better soon and back out there with your camera again ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:29 AM

    Beautiful shots of New Guinea - I especially lve that Owens Corner. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing pictures. I hope you are feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful place to hike, although it definitely looks like a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe you didn't pick up any of those bags for me. I really like the one in the very front with orange and blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few of these wonderful bags, If I am lucky enough to go back again, I will find you a beautiful bag too.

      Delete
  14. Thank you everyone for your get well wishes. I am feeling much better, I just haven't had a chance to get out and about with a camera. I still have a few days...

    ReplyDelete
  15. kingsonthelake9:12 PM

    Amazing photos Del. Sure looks like tough hiking but well worth every step. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please show that you were here and leave some comment love!