Tuesday, April 09, 2013

A Lesson for Mum

Dear Mum,


I know that you are a grown up and that you know heaps of stuff but you don't know everything.

One thing that you clearly didn't know is that light on the dash that comes on when the car is starting to run low on petrol is there for a reason.  I am pretty sure that reason is to let you know that you need to put petrol in the car OR prepare to walk home.  Sure when the warning light really starts to flash it is a suggestion that there is probably enough fuel in the tank to drive 50km but that doesn't necessarily mean that you will be able to drive a further 50km before filling up with fuel.  That suggestion to re-fuel is probably a good one to follow, even if we only have a 13.4km round trip to get home!

I do appreciate that you didn't stop for fuel on the way to pick me up from hockey because you didn't want to be late, I also appreciate that you didn't want to stop for fuel on the way home because I was super tired.  What I didn't really appreciate the walk home, in the dark when I was super tired, after the car chugged to a stop about a kilometre from home.

Luckily Dad and Wayne came to the rescue, getting some petrol and collecting the car.


Love an even more tired than expected,
Pickle Monster


PS - I think we should keep this handy, just in case you forget to take note of further suggestions!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please show that you were here and leave some comment love!