Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Election

Everyone knows that I love skating. Most people also know that I love synchronized skating too. Well last year my friends and I were a part of the Aussie Skate Tiny Teddies mini-synchro team. That was until we graduated.

This year we have created a new team, a team of kids under 15 to skate in the Novice section. What is so different about this? Well, it means that we can compete in the state championships and maybe even in the nationals one day too.

Now that we are a really real team, there are also a few other important decisions that need to be made. Things like electing a team captain and choosing a team name and uniform, pretty full on stuff. It was all very formal, nominations for captain and vice captain had to be submitted, in writing with parents approval before the election.  Hailey nominated me as captain and I nominated her as vice captain.

Election Day was today. First up we had to vote for captain. The list of people nominated was on the whiteboard. Everyone was given a piece of paper and pencil to write down the name of the person they wanted to vote for. (Shhh, don't tell anyone, but I voted for me - I really want to be captain and I think I will do a pretty good job of it.) We waited anxiously as the votes were counted. Guess what... I won, I was elected to be captain :-)  I was presented with my captain's badge and did a little happy dance!

Next up we had to vote for vice captain. There were 4 people nominated and 2 people ended up with the same number of votes so we had to vote again. This time we had a result, my friend Hailey was elected as vice captain. 

We were both pretty excited. 

Together we will lead a strong team. Now all we have to do as a team is come up with a name, oh and a uniform too. I think I am going to be pretty busy!

Love Princess (Captain) George

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please show that you were here and leave some comment love!