Thursday, September 24, 2009

Unscrewed!

We all woke up extra early this morning so that I could have something to eat. I had to make sure that I had finished breakfast by 6.30am (before I would normally be out of bed!) so that my stomach would be empty when they operated on my elbow in the afternoon.

Poppy drove us home so that we could be at the Children's Hospital at noon, right at the time my stomach was really grumbling and making me want to eat. Milla was really kind and she didn't eat any food all morning either. Mum and dad said that they wouldn't eat all morning too, but I think they had Hungry Jacks for breakfast before we got home!
I had to prove that I was strong before the surgery!

I met with my orthopedic surgeon and he drew on my arm to make sure he operated on the right one - my left arm!
Finally it was time for surgery, I wasn't very excited about it.
The anesthetists, Fiona and Jonathan were great, they gave me the medicines to make me go to sleep so that I didn't feel the surgery. I didn't even feel when Fiona put the drip into my hand.

Finally, after an hour in surgery, the screws and washers were removed and my arm was sewn back together and bandaged up tight. Eventually mum was called in to the recovery area but I didn't want to wake up. I was getting annoyed that I was getting woken up especially when I was so tired.

By about 5 o'clock I was starting to get hungry so I ate icypoles, fruit salad, yoghurt and icecream, so not everything about being in hospital was horrible! Now all I have to do is try and rest and stay quiet - I don't think that is very likely, it is the holidays after all!

Hopefully this is the last time I will have surgery.
Love AJ Pickle

1 comment:

  1. kingsonthelake8:46 PM

    AJ these are such great photos of you.It's terrific to have one of you as you are going to theatre, you look happy enough.You sure look relaxed and we are so pleased to know you didn't feel a thing.Was worth being hungry all day to get yummy food at the end.Now take care and no more accidents. love nan & pop xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please show that you were here and leave some comment love!