Sunday, February 22, 2009

Osaka

Today has been a busy day.  When I got back from the fun day at Windy Hill, I changed my clothes ready to go to the Osaka festival.  I know that my Bombers clothes are really cool, but they aren't very Japanese, so I put on my happi coat and Milli put on her yukata.

As usual, the festival was heaps of fun.  We played Junken (that is the Japanese version of Rock, Scissors, Paper), danced around, watched fighting displays and of course had a picnic and climbed trees.  

Everyone thought Milli and I looked pretty darn cute.  I got to go up on stage to show everyone just how cool I am in my happi coat during the boys yukata competition.  I didn't win first prize, but that is OK, I already had the movie that the winner won (Totoro).  I did win a new pair of chopsticks, hopefully one day I will work out how to use them properly!

I had such a great time at the festival today.  I think that one day I would like to go to Japan to see what it is really like.  If it is even a little bit as good as the Osaka festival it will be great.
Love AJ Pickle

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:24 PM

    You both look pretty cool in your Japanesse outfits. AJ when you learn to use your chop sticks you will have to teach nan. With all your adventures and travels I reckon one day you will get to Japan. love nanny & poppy xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please show that you were here and leave some comment love!