Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mothers Day (part 1)

After circus last weekend, Dad and I snuck away to so some secret shopping. Mum thought that we were playing football at a new park somewhere near circus school.

When we got home, we were all sitting in the study talking. The conversation went something like this...

Mum: AJ, what did you do after circus? (meaning What park did you go to, to play football?)
AJ: We went to IKEA.

Mum: Oh? That's not fair I wanted to get a few things from IKEA.
Dad: Where did we go AJ?
AJ: Oh...That's right...we played football.

Mum: (looking confused) You played football at IKEA?
AJ: (also looking confused) What did we do again Dad?

Dad: It's OK AJ, I'm no good at keeping a secret either. Anyway, I don't know where we are going to hide these things until tomorrow!

Mum: (looking even more confused) What's on tomorrow?
Dad: Well it is Mother's Day isn't it?

Mum: (still confused) I don't think so, I think that it is next week.
Dad: (looking sheepish) Well there is no way that we could keep a present hidden for a whole week!

Keeping secrets was hard work and I was happy to go back out to the car to get the presents that I had found for mum for Mother's Day!

We continued to make it a Mother's Day weekend, and went out for lunch on the Not-Mother's Day, instead of staying at home and making a mess.

Having Mother's Day every weekend is a great idea, I love going out for lunch!
Love AJ Pickles

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:33 PM

    the 1st. Mother's day must have been a great surprise for you Del, AJ done well to keep it from you for the time until the Questions started,must have been a classic.football at Ikea, how cute. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please show that you were here and leave some comment love!